Support Worker - Out of Home Care Services (Ipswich)
- Can you listen objectively and think creatively?
- Do you have a genuine interest in community inclusion?
- Permanent Part Time Positions available in Ipswich, QLD
About Our Organisation
Lifestyle Solutions is a not-for-profit National Disability and Out of Home Care Service organisation, which commenced operations in Newcastle in 2002 with a vision to support people with disability by walking alongside them, embracing their dreams and sharing their vision.
Now 10 years on, our support has extended beyond disabilities to include a range of support services that are person centred, flexible and responsive to over 1,000 children, young people and adults living in communities across Australia.
Our support focuses on:
- Disability Support - we partner with people to develop personalised and innovative support systems that reflect their individuality, needs, gifts and cultures.
- Child and Youth Support - we provide a range of support services for children and young people who, for various reasons, are unable to live with their own family.
- Education - our innovative camps and education programs are designed to provide the best possible outcomes for young people whose unique support needs cannot be adequately met in a regular school setting.
- Social Enterprises - our Social Enterprises exist to create opportunities for a myriad of people in our community who are challenged in finding and maintaining sustainable employment.
Becoming a member of Lifestyle Solutions means you are joining a team of people committed to improving the quality of life for the people we support.
Lifestyle Solutions is an EEO employer and welcomes applications from people from ATSI and CALD backgrounds. All applicants are required to undergo employment screening through probity checks prior to commencing.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking an energetic, resourceful, caring, flexible and committed person to provide support to people within our Child and Family Services (Out of Home Care) in Ipswich. This position is Permanent Part Time and the working hours will be varied. An immediate start is available to the successful applicant.
The range of supports provided include but are not limited to; providing a positive and supportive living environment for young people, assisting with daily housework duties, transporting young people, daily paperwork duties, engaging in community and recreational activities which promote community participation and independence, implementation of behaviour intervention and support programs, implementation of individual plans.
Lifestyle Solutions offers employees an attractive and supportive work environment that offers challenging assignments, opportunities to expand and learn from others and opportunities to improve and learn new skills. In addition, salary packaging, access to a comprehensive learning and development program and a corporate wellness package is available to permanent employees.
A current Driver's Licence, working with children check and First Aid Certificate are essential.
For further information relating to this position, please contact Daniel Gollan on 0408 064 188.
Applications Close: Friday 4 January 2013